Ever wanted to do some screen recording on your iPhone or iPad to record a tutorial or gameplay? And that too with sound. I am sure you must have at least once.
With the latest iOS updates, Apple is really making things easier for iPhone users. Gone are the days for every small thing we had to literally bang our heads on our desk because that feature wasn’t available on the platform.
I agree that still as of today, January 2020, there are many things that can be easily done on an android smartphone, like downloading videos from YouTube, copying music and videos from the computer to your phone, and so on. Apple is playing catchup now with several things, but when it does so it does it very well as compared to android.
How to do screen recording with sound on the iPhone?
Frankly, it is very easy. All you have to do is a couple of steps and you can create your own recordings for app tutorials or gameplay, etc. Please note that this works on iOS 11 and later versions only.
- First of all, unlock your iPhone.
- Now go to Settings > Control Centre > Customise Controls
- Don’t forget to enable Access Within Apps option too.
- Now under Customise Controls you will see, Add and organise additional controls to appear in Control Centre.
- Here you will see a lot of controls that you can add to the main list.
- Scroll down and choose Screen Recording from the list.
- After doing this you will see the Screen Recording option appear in the Control Centre.
- Now you can start recording the screen.
- But, still, you can’t record with sound.
- To record your voice along with the screen recording you will have to long-press on the Screen Recording icon in the Control Centre. Here you will get the Microphone option.
- Select this option and now you will be able to record sound too.
- To close or stop the recording, scroll up or down (according to your device) and select the icon that shows.
This is how you record your screen on iPhone with sound. You can watch the video below and understand it better.